- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
This rich purple cosmetic Mayan Soap is great for artisans specializing in organic soap projects. There is great demand for organic and natural skin products —especially on platforms like Etsy and eBay, as well as local fairs and farmer's markets.
Our Mayan Soap contains roughly 16% tannin content and possesses a vibrant purple color. And its uses are not limited to organic soap-making—other natural uses include but are not limited to: skin exfoliation & rejuvenation and lotion & leather staining products.
Ingredients Required for Mayan Soap
- Mayan Soap powder - 56g
- Lye or Caustic soda- 180g
- Titanium dioxide powder - 11g
- Yogurt powder - 28g
- Aloe vera liquid - 437g
- Sodium Lactate - 34g
- Vitamin E - 17g
- Calendula powder - 14g
- Steric Acid - 51g
- Castor oil - 65g
- Coconut oil - 350g
- Emu oil - 90g
- Fragance oil- 65g
- Olive oil - 510g
- Optiphen- 43g
- Palm oil - 128g
- Sweet Almond oil - 128g
Mayan Soap Making Process
We recommend using glasses, gloves, and breathing masks for the soap making process, just to be safe.
- It is important to measure out and prepare all ingredients in advance. You won’t have time to measure the ingredients during the soap making process. Prepare all ingredients except for the caustic soda.
- Place the liquid aloe solution in a bowl. Measure the caustic soda and then carefully mix it into the aloe. Don’t do this the other way around because mixing the liquid into the powder will cause an adverse reaction. The mixture will heat up and react, which will start the Mayan Soap making process.
- Wait until the temperature of the mixture drops down to 38°C - 43°C before adding sodium lactate to the mixture. Carefully stir the mix until everything is properly incorporated.
- While this is happening, mix coconut oil and palm oil in a separate container and heat it gently. Stir until both oils have melted and incorporated fully.
- Add yogurt powder and the soft oils to the oil mixture carefully and stir until everything is incorporated. Make sure there are no lumps and the blend is smooth. Set this mixture aside to cool down to -43°.
- Mix the Mayan Soap powder and calendula powder carefully while adding titanium dioxide to the mix. Titanium dioxide will lighten the color of the resultant soap and make it more appealing.
- After all the mixtures are cooled until they’re roughly of equal temperatures, add the first caustic soda and aloe mix to the mix of oils while stirring. Make sure all ingredients are incorporated.
- When the soap begins to emulsify or trace, add the other ingredients in quickly. Once all ingredients are mixed, pour the solution into soap molds.
- Insulate the soap molds with tea towels and set it aside to harden for at least 2 days. It is a good idea to cure the soap for at least a month before using it for the best results.
This recipe can be modified according to your liking so you can add some essential oils if desired. In order to make phenomenal soap with just the right texture and therapeutic benefits, make sure to use FHC's Mayan Soap!
Buyer agrees to ornamental and craft use only. The information provided on this listing is for educational purposes only. Not sold for human consumption.
These products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration; therefore, we cannot claim to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Sustainably and Ethically Sourced.
Our organic and untreated herbs are sourced directly from family farms located in Mexico, Brazil, Sri Lanka, India, South Africa, and the United States.
Helping Small Businesses.
Each purchase you make with us helps sustain small family businesses across the globe and helps enrich a healthy and vibrant global economy.
From the checkout process to the quality of our products, we take every effort to ensure a seamless and pleasurable customer experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
I am outside of the United States, how come I can't complete the checkout?
Each country has very specific customs requirements. In order for your order to have the highest delivery success rate, we encourage you to email us at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
We want to ensure your package has the correct HS Codes and pricing so you're not over-charged for your international delivery.
What if my package says "delivered", but I cannot find it?
If you cannot find your package, make sure to wait at least 24 hours—on occasion USPS will scan prematurely and deliver the next business day. Also check your garage, porch, gates, or a neighbor's house.
Fayetteville Herb Co will try to work with you, but unless you've opted for Express or Priority Shipping with insurance, missing packages with tracking numbers that say "delivered" are the responsibility of the purchaser.
When I submit an order, how long until it's shipped?
Every effort is made to process and ship orders same day placed Monday through Friday before 3PM (CDT). Any order placed after 3PM (CDT) will be processed and shipped the next business day
Shipping days are considered Monday through Friday. Shipments will not be made on Saturday or Sunday.
What delivery services do you use?
How do I know my order is confirmed or shipped?
Order Fulfillment Timeline
On certain occasions when stock is limited—an estimated shipping date will be placed on the product's description or the site's homepage as a top header.
For additional questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional questions or inquiries, please email or message us at one of the options below:
Secure & Encrypted Email:
Additional Payment Options:
Venmo, CashApp, & Crypto-Currency addresses available for payment. Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance!
excellent quality, best prices, top notch fast shipping. will DEF do business with them in the future! 👍👍
Emily, San Diego, CA
I love the quality of the blue lotus flowers. Helps me study and I can add them to other herbal blends!
first time seeking and trying blue lotus. Very fast shipping came a day earlier than first stated. I'll be checking out other stuff from this store!
great dye. will purchase again!
Jess, New York
Always the fastest shipping you can ask for. Best quality soap around!